A Successful Content Strategy During a Crisis
During a global pandemic forcing many families to spend abnormal amounts of time at home, the National Watermelon Promotion Board partnered with Family Features to create a half-page Premium Release providing easy, kid-friendly recipes to get the whole family involved in the kitchen. Using tips that applied to a wide audience and recipes boasting eye-catching images, the project and its Social Media Amplification component gave editors and readers valuable, visually appealing information.
Results in less than 1 month:
- More than 1,000 total placements in digital and print publica tions, including more than 200 earned placements
- More than 170 million total impressions, including more than 4.5 million earned impressions
- More than 275,000 total social media impressions and 16,000 engagements
- A total ad equivalency of more than $700,000 across all platforms
- An overall ROI of 118:1
Secrets to Success:
- Popular Themes: Creating a campaign that takes advantage of a popular theme — like family-friendly recipes, for example — provides our compre hensive editorial network with timely, appealing content to maximize your brand's exposure.
- Stunning Images: Highly visual content with appealing images tends to grab editors' and readers' eyes.
- Compelling Content: Editors search for themes first then photos and headlines. For best results, deliver a popular editorial hook, eye-catching images, an approachable headline and content readers can easily use.
What is a Premium Release?
Offering increased digital and print impressions, our Premium Releases combine 600-650 words with 1-2 images to create a formatted half-page layout and an unformatted Release version to deliver more placements and higher-impact impressions than a Basic Release. Plus, an integrated Social Media Amplification campaign helps drive consumers to your content through promotion via our third-party Face book, Pinterest, Instagram and Twitter pages.
Take a look at some of the top placements Watermelon Board’s Premium Release garnered in just a few weeks.
Click the images to enlarge. For print publications, click the arrows below a cover to see the project placement.